Getting The Hang Of Things Blog #2

I’ve been working at my internship for about a little over a month now and I must say that I am starting to get in the swing of things. For the most part, when I am not enrolling patients in our study from the emergency department or via phone, I am working on abstractions. Abstractions are the medical paper work that a person receives when they go to the emergency room and from the abstractions I am able to fill out multiple forms based upon there treatments and chief complaints for coming in to the emergency room. When I am done with those forms I upload a new copy of the abstraction form that covers dates, patients name, and anything thing else that is confidential into redcap. I do anywhere from 8 to 15 of theses a day because they are a bit time consuming. My favorite part of the day is when I go on lunch because the hospital has this garden area and when it is nice outside I go out there and eat. There is a combination of patients and hospital workers that eat outside as well. In the garden there are cute little chipmunks that are always out there ready to eat anything that is given to them. They are so adorable and always make me smile!