Hands-On Experience

I’m two and a half weeks into the internship and I have already gained more experience than I have ever received in the field of neuroscience and psychology.

In previous internships common tasks would include filing papers, answering phone calls and fetching coffee. Although I do fetch the occasional coffee for my supervisors, they have been giving me a ton of responsibility around the lab. Trusting me with their project, they have allowed me to perform clinical interviews with patients, administer EEG brain scans and recruit new members for their study.

The work has been extremely rewarding thus far. Not only do I feel like I am learning a ton, but I am also feeling very valued in my workplace.

Emily D

I am an incoming senior at the University of Michigan studying biopsychology, cognition, and neuroscience. I am currently interning at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in their brain research unit. My research team is currently conducting a study in order to gain an understanding of the neurobiological underpinnings of reward processing and cue-reactivity in individuals with chronic cocaine use disorders. I am thrilled and excited to begin my research in this field.