The Show Goes on: Final Post

As I’m writing this blog post, it is my last day in Saraguru interning at the school. All in all, my experience with Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement and the Viveka School of Excellence as been a life changing experience. From directing a short drama with a moral theme to teaching biology to 13 years, every experience has been great. I have made many friends while working here who I will surely keep in touch with and cherish for the rest of my life. I’d recommend anyone looking for a great experience in India to come to Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement.

My perspective of India has change so much these last 4 weeeks. You can only learn so much about India from YouTube and reading books, but there nothing like experience the real thing. I have learned so much about Indian and South Indian culture that everyday there is something new for me learn. Coming from a diverse background, India wasn’t that big of a culture shock that I thought it was. One major difference that I have found between the US and India is there immense hospitality and love to feed you. Whenever meal time comes around people always offer me so much food. And apparently saying no isn’t in their vocabulary when it comes serving food.

The project I am most proud of completeing while in this organization is the play I help create and direct with a select few students. The kids performed the play wonderfully and their hard work really showed. I’ll attach a picture below of the play.

This internship has influenced my future career plans a lot. Never would I have thought that I’d have a passion for education. This internship has showed me my potential in education and the imapact I can make in the lives of other through this institution. In the future, if I ever have the opportunity to teach, whether in a university or secondary school, I will definitely take it.

Id like to thank the LSA Opportunity Hub for allowing me to have this opportunity and India Internship Initiative program for the support in this project.

One thought on “The Show Goes on: Final Post

It’s so exciting to hear that this internship has given you a potential career path. You’ve clearly made a wonderful impact on the students, just like India has on you. Congratulations, and safe travels home!