The Team Blog Post #2

It’s about to be my fourth week of my internship, and I am already questioning how the time has gone by so fast. However, I’ve been told this week is the one where everything starts to pick up. Over the past weeks, I have acquired some new office skills, skills that I think are necessary to every future job. By answering phones or returning e-mails, I love getting to work with people and help them out. I really feel that I’ve learned a lot.

This past week specifically has centered around counting inventory of the past Film Festival’s merchandise. While this may seem like a tedious job, it turned out to be a fun one. Getting to look at all the different logos and themes over the years, made me realize how special of an organization the festival is. It’s all based on volunteers, which is incredible because everyone is willing to be there on their own accord. I think it’s so fascinating and special because it takes hard work, but team work to build this festival, and I am happy to be part of it. I was never particularly fond of many sports, but I always loved theater. This internship has a similar ring to the team effort involved in sports and plays, it requires everyone to give it their best. It is important to help each other out, we all improve the end result (game, performance, or festival) will be extra special and memorable. I love that this team mentality gets to be an important role in my internship!

One thought on “The Team Blog Post #2

I’m so happy that you’re enjoying your internship and that you’ve learned so much!! And you’re right, this is definitely a team effort that’s a lot like sports! I’m glad we work well together!