We Out Here – First Couple Weeks | Post #2

Hey friends! I hope you all are living your best lives. I’m back to tell you all about my first week and a half at The Honest Company.

Let’s first start off with the fantastic (read: worst thing in the entire world) public transportation system LA has blessed my life with. I have gotten on the wrong bus on more than one fabulous occasion and have never ubered more in my life. Regardless, my bus route 217 has an A1 bus driver in the morning. I love her. I don’t know her name, but I know we were destined to meet. She gets me to work in 30 minutes in LA traffic. She is my fairy godmother. Shoutout to you, fabulous woman.

Also everyone let’s discuss my boss, CJ, aka my hero at The Honest Company and in life to be honest (lol pun not intended but on second read very much intended). I have never met a person more dedicated, driven, and funny. Not to mention she’s a badass who is absolutely fabulous at her job. She has taught me so much in my first week that I can carry on in so many of my future endeavors. Shoutout to you, CJ, for being a genuinely good human being.

Anyways, let’s discuss my first week. Going into this internship I wanted to be as much use to this company as I could be. I didn’t want to seem like a nuisance to them in any manner because they were so gracious to give me a job lol. I thought I’d help out with smaller tasks that the higher ups might not have wanted to do, but everyone at Honest is so trusting and so willing to let me learn and get my hands on as many projects as possible. They are so amazing at letting me try so many new things, including helping add subtitles and edit some campaigns and projects. LIKE WHAT. I almost cried, y’all. I am so grateful that they let me try so many new things that had the possibility to leave an impact on the company itself and media consumers. This past Friday we had a shoot which I was so lucky to be a part of. My boss, CJ, and the rest of the creative team really are working with my talents and giving me all the opportunity in the world. Thankful doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel everyday at work.

When I’m not at work, I’m hanging with my awesome roommates and the rest of the Screen Arts interns working in LA for the summer. Everyday I wake up so grateful that I’m living with such amazing, funny, and just genuinely good people. This past weekend my roommates and I hiked the Hollywood sign, went to LA pride, and ate some danky gelato in Beverly Hills. If we’re being real right now, that hike to the Hollywood sign was hard as hell, but the view was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

LA has taught me so many amazing things in the few short weeks that I’ve been here. I have learned how to be more confident in myself and my skills in the film, TV, and production world. I have met so many amazing new friends and mentors, and I have been so humbled by all the experiences I have been so lucky to receive here. It feels so good to know that I truly love what I’m studying and that I *hopefully* have talents and am learning to be ready for the working world.

I definitely miss my friends and family back home, but knowing that they’re just one phone call/FaceTime away makes LA feel like home. My brother graduated last weekend and even though I couldn’t be there to celebrate with him, I know I have four long years with him when he comes to UMich in the fall. Shoutout to you, Peter, for being smarter than five of me combined lol.

My parents constantly ask me how I’m doing and if I’m okay, so this is more for them than anyone else but hello parents, I am so thankful and happy to be where I am and what I’m doing. I’m so beyond happy; thriving is what the kids would call it. Make sure Rex gets his arthritis medicine everyday by the way by the way.

That’s it for today, yo. Peace and blessings, see you guys next week ;).

2 thoughts on “We Out Here – First Couple Weeks | Post #2

Your blog posts are so captivating!! The Honest Company sounds like it’s the place to be this summer. ALSO, I MISS YOU and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY <3

Sophia,

I really enjoyed reading the post and knowing that you’re enjoying LA so much! It’s so wonderful to hear you adore your boss, because that makes all the difference. Can’t wait to hear more about it 🙂