Blog #1 – London Calling

I am currently about three weeks into my internship abroad in London, U.K. and I have to say it has been one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had! As I am still relatively new here and have not experienced the full breadth of what the city has to offer, I just want to recap what my time at my internship has been like so far, and how it has exceeded expectations.

First off, the people at my office are lovely. I did not really know what to expect from this internship because my conversations with British people before this internship has been minimal due to lack of travel. But everyone here is super helpful and willing to teach. As well, the work that I am doing here is extremely unique and challenging and I feel as though it is giving me a good grasp on what an actual job in the field of business communications consulting will be like.

Second, the environment of the office is very relaxed even though it is a professional company. Everyone dresses very classy but the candour and conversations between co-workers is light-hearted and fun. I had no idea what the environment was going to be like before I got here, but that has definitely exceeded my expectations.

Overall, so far I am having an amazing time. I am learning a lot and preparing for the real world, and I have got to say this internship has definitely been of great help.

I will keep everyone posted about my internship developments in the upcoming weeks!

One thought on “Blog #1 – London Calling

Glad to see you are adjusting to your new internship! It sounds like a great environment for you to grow in your professional field. Best of luck to you in these coming weeks!