Blog Post #1

I am entering my fourth week of my internship, but am quite behind on blogging. I started as the marketing intern for the hips department at Zimmer Biomet in Singapore and am so excited to be here! I am currently working on marketing relations between the regional office and country level sales teams.

My mentor, Nadira, has been a great role model and has explained a lot to me in the past few weeks despite a few challenges. First, the deadline for the 5 year strategic plan for the APAC (Asia Pacific) region is coming soon, so she is in meetings almost all day. Second, she is currently fasting for the month of Ramadan, so we haven’t had a chance to get lunch together and talk about my experience at the company/in Singapore. However, she does plan a weekly meeting to talk about these things and is really flexible about having time to talk to me around her meetings. I have developed great relationships with my peers while working as well. There are two interns from Maryland and Minnesota, and although they are working in different departments, we get lunch with each other quite often.

What has surprised me most about working at Zimmer is the fast paced nature of orthopedic implant industry can be. There are constantly development in every segment (ie. hips, knee) and it is interesting to see how this research is being marketed. I hope to continue on my hip app project for the APAC region and hopefully see it launched before I leave. In the meantime, I am learning many skills from KPI in the marketing department to how to use Excel efficiently. I know this internship has gotten off to a great start, and I look forward to seeing me grow as it progresses!

One thought on “Blog Post #1

Sounds like this internship is a wonderful experience!