Making beer in Japan! | #3

The past week has probably been the most exhausting week of my life so far. Kegging has been way more intense than I thought it would be, and lifting heavy kegs for 9 hours every day has been way more demanding than I expected. While I have finally managed to get the hang of what I’m doing, I hope I can switch back to cleaning tanks and transferring beer as it was something I think I was much better at. I also hope I get to experience what it’s like to actually brew beer, and also learn more about the fermentation process.

Life in Naka has become a lot better than it used to be. Although there’s nothing much to do here in Naka, I am now confident enough to catch a train to one of the nearby cities in Ibaraki. Weekends are either spent at home recovering from a hectic week at work or in a bar at one of these nearby cities. Rural Japan has given me an experience that I probably would not have ever had otherwise, and I cannot wait to see what the next 5 weeks have in store for me. 

One thought on “Making beer in Japan! | #3

Hope you get some rest this weekend, that sounds intense! Have you noticed differences in atmosphere, etiquette, kinds of beer offered in the bars that you visit? I remember I was in Europe during the World Cup a few years ago, and even though we also have sports on at bars here in the US, it felt much more communal to watch a game with everyone else around me, on a giant projector screen outside of the bar.