4. Traveler’s Diarrhea is real omg

I feel like shit (pun lol). I suddenly felt sick on Tuesday and slept through the entire morning and afternoon, and my normal tough-it-out-without-medicine method didn’t work. I actually probably made it worse my not knowing to avoid dairy with those three bowls of milk and cereal I had… I’m 90% sure the diarrhea is from is from traveling around too much recently. I’ve jumped between Croatia, Slovenia, and Budapest these past few weeks, so the food and water changes are the culprit. Today I took a free ride with my supervisor to a small town so I could explore on my own, but I really underestimated how horrible I would feel the entire day.

Even weirder, I found some lumps and a bad taste in the back of my tongue… More scared about those than the diarrhea because I have no clue what they are. But THANK YOU GEOBLUE because I should soon be getting an appointment to get checked up at a doctor and see what’s going on. This is so strange to me because I usually refuse to go to the doctor or get medicine because I don’t want to rack up any bills or fees. But knowing that the meaty GeoBlue insurance plan was paid for by IC Global Wolverines, I’m very happy that my health will be taken care of 🙂

2 thoughts on “4. Traveler’s Diarrhea is real omg

I hope you feel better Kim! I actually have opposite approaches to seeking medical attention when I’m in the US or abroad. In the US, I use the “don’t go unless dying” approach, but when I lived in Taiwan last year everything was so fast and cheap ($3-5 per doctor’s visit, including prescription, 10 min wait time) that I would go before my illness got worse.