Blog Five: Final Project

I have gained tremendously from my internship in ANKURI this summer. I learned about new traditions and customs. I visited the most spectacular destinations in India such as the Taj Mahal, Agra fort, Mindrolling Monastery in Dehradun, Mussourie, and Rishikesh. Each day that I spent with the ANKURI team was unique and fulfilling and these experiences needed to be documented in some way. Thus, the other interns and I decided to create a documentary video highlighting our experiences. A team member and I wrote out the screenplay for the video and now I am working on creating the actual project. The video starts off with a dramatic introduction of our homestay and our supervisor’s bungalow, which slowly fades into the title of the video. Next portion of the movie focuses on introducing and meeting all the interns, staff, and the entire ANKURI team. After meeting the team, the video shifts gear into the summer school and all the major activities. The final frame shows the team talking with each other, working on lesson plans, dancing, playing volleyball, etc.
I love this project because it allows me to relive all the moments from my internship this summer. Every time, I look back at the pictures and videos, I instantly find myself with my supervisor and other interns. ANKURI was life changing and it made me feel as though I made a significant impact on the lives of the students in the village. I will carry forward all the memories and lessons I learned from ANKURI.

2 thoughts on “Blog Five: Final Project

Noemi, I am so happy that you have had such a fulfilling experience, and thought of a wonderful way to document it. Would it be possible for you to share the video with us?

• June 27, 2017 at 12:20 am

Yeah of course! I will share it once I am done with the video.