Week 3

I’ve been pretty busy at Make-A-Wish Michigan. One of the projects I’m working on is to find past Make-A-Wish wish kids from the late 80s – present. It’s been a really cool project. Today I was able to find and talk to a past wish kid who received a guitar as his wish. I found out he still plays it today and has been playing it since he received it in 2000!

I’ve also been passed on a lot of the Constant Contact responsibility and am sending out two newsletters a week to more than 20,000 recipients. My supervisor was impressed that I already knew how to use constant contact so I was able to start working right away!

One of the other projects I’m working on is working on fundraising and marketing in schools. Schools raise a lot of money for Make-A-Wish and it’s a great way to get the community involved. I’ve been doing interviews with schools and students on what they like and don’t like about the program we do. I also am working on  a promotional video that the company may give to schools to help promote Make-A-Wish and their fundraisers.

I’m super busy and doing a lot of cool projects and the opportunity has been everything I hoped it would be. There is also a dog in the office today! Happy Friday!