Weekend Trip

After finishing everything I had to get done this week, my roommate and I decided to take a trip to southern Poland for the weekend.  It was really a spur of the moment decision and, considering I had just travelled out of the country last week, I was rather shocked the plans even came to fruition.  Regardless, I’m quite excited to visit Zakopane (the place we’re going).  It’s somewhat of a resort town in the foothills of the Tatra mountains and is only a few miles from the Slovakian border.  Though it’s a well-known and popular destination to Poles, most people I’ve talked to, including friends and family, have never heard of this obscure destination.  And I don’t blame them because I hadn’t either before starting this internship.

After returning on Sunday, I’ll have a busy few weeks ahead of me at work.  Next week, I’ll have to essentially re-write an entire script and submit it for editing by the end of the week.  Moreover, I have to conduct an interview with an NYT columnist who has been very reluctant to respond to our emails, so hopefully everything will work out.  The following week we will head to a little town about 25 minutes outside of Warsaw named Magdalena where we will record all the finished episodes.  I’m really looking forward to the studio session, but it will undoubtedly be hectic because everyone is so pressed for time.

This trip may ultimately be the final one I take this summer as I have only 4 or 5 weekends left and I may be unable to take this time off.  I’m still hoping to travel a bit more within Poland, but I’m not sure how likely that will be.  Anyways, there’s still quite a bit I haven’t done yet in Warsaw, so traveling may not even be necessary.

2 thoughts on “Weekend Trip

That sounds like a nice hoorah before your next busy stretch! Based on your experiences so far, would you prefer to work a set amount of time each day, or have things be project-based, and you put in as much or as little time as needed to get things done?

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the comment. I just realized that people could comment on posts, so apologies for that! Anyways, I much prefer to do project-based assignments primarily because my work tends to vary day by day. It allows me to work more on days where I’m particularly busy and less on days when there isn’t much to do. A rigid schedule just wouldn’t make sense for this internship (which is fortunate for me).