Arriving in Piran, Slovenia | 1

After a long transcontinental flight, I’ve finally arrived in Piran, Slovenia! I’m excited to begin my internship in Marine Genomics with the National Institute of Biology. While I’m here, I’m going to be helping with various activities, such as field sampling, DNA extraction, and electrophoresis. As a student with a focus in biological research, this internship seems to be the perfect fit for me. Another part of this internship that caught my eye was the fact that it was abroad, which I believed would give the opportunity to observe biodiversity around the globe.

My goals for this internship are both academic and personal. On an academic level, I hope to discover new methods of research that will help me understand the natural world. For example, I am aiming to use DNA extraction to aid in my understanding of microbiology, along with the field work to help me know what methods would be appropriate for a certain specimen.

On a personal level, I hope to become more independent as I explore this country. This is my first time abroad, and I hope to use this trip to test myself in a completely new situation. That said, I’m certain that this trip will be exciting, and I can’t wait to keep everyone updated!

One thought on “Arriving in Piran, Slovenia | 1

Your internship sounds so exciting and beneficial for the world; I bet you’ll learn SO much! Good luck 🙂