Blog #1 Buenos Aires

Hi everyone! My name is Katie and I have finally arrived in Buenos Aires. This is unlike any other Latin American city I have visited. Most of the people are of European descent, and look more like Europeans to me than Latin Americans, yet they speak Argentinian Spanish of course. It is a very cool but odd experience.

I just finished up my first few days at work, and am excited to say that I will be working on a research project about a polluted river in BA with a distinguished Argentinian doctor. We plan on taking samples of the river and analyzing the impact of the contaminated water on the health of the people living in the area. More to come!

Finally, I know I made the right choice staying with a family. I speak Spanish at work all day, and then come home and speak with my host mom and her son. I love speaking Spanish and feel like I am making progress getting fluent. And the food she cooks is amazing- we eat a lot of croissants, dulce de leche, and sausage. I love my new temporary home.

One thought on “Blog #1 Buenos Aires

It’s great to hear that you’re diving right in to this new experience! Excited to read more about your time abroad 🙂