Blog 6- YES, this is for me!!

After my first week completing my internship at The TGQ Law Firm, I completely realized this is the career for me.  I remember talking to my parents telling them how exhilarating it was the first time Terrence (President of the Firm) took me to court with him. From the research, to the court time, to getting to know clients, I have truly felt that this career is my calling. When I came in freshman year I thought I wanted to go to medical school. However, after much frustrations, and agonizing over classes I truly despised, I was in a conundrum of not having a clear sense of what career path I wanted to chose. After completing this internship, I can now say with certainty practicing the law is indeed my calling.

Going forward with my time at UofM, I have learned that I need to take more courses to further develop my writing skills. Being able to successfully articulate sentences and utilize language is a skill of complete necessity to being an attorney. I also plan to take classes that challenge me outside of my major. Having a knowledge breadth that extends far beyond whats legal and whats not legal, will be something of great utility to my future career plans.

One thought on “Blog 6- YES, this is for me!!

It’s great that you have confirmed that law is the professional path you would like to pursue, Ashley. Are there any University of Michigan classes or student organizations, related to this professional path, that you are thinking of joining once you return to campus?