Week 6: A Week of Travel

My boss is extremely supportive of travel. He has stated multiple times that he wants to give us the opportunity to explore while we are here, so I decided to spend 9 days traveling through Europe with one of my best friends from home. My internship here in Croatia is roughly 11 weeks long- and I chose to use week 6 to travel to break up my time here at work. While I enjoy working, it was nice to get a break with a friend from home and spend time traveling around. I now have 5 weeks left to go and I am excited to continue working and making the best of my time left here!

After much deliberation, my friend and I chose to travel through Budapest and Vienna.

Vienna: Beautiful yet very expensive, not my favorite place that I have been but amazing food and beautiful sights. The Weiner Schnitzel is very good- you have to get it if you go!

Budapest: Amazing! Lively at all hours of the day and extraordinarily inexpensive. I recommend the budacard which gives you free transportation through the city, discounted entry to baths, free museums, and discounts at restaurants. I hope to return to Budapest as soon as possible- I really did love it.

As much as I have had fun traveling, I am excited to spend a few weeks doing more relaxed activities and getting back into the grove of working.

One thought on “Week 6: A Week of Travel

The pictures look surreal! Was there anything in particular that you really loved about Budapest or was it just the overall feel of the city?