Blog #4 | Halfway There

At the halfway point in my internship, I a happy to say that this experience has been all I expected and more.  I have had an incredible experience at Fox 2 Detroit, and I am looking forward to the next month and a half at the station.  Looking back at my initial goal to learn about the sports media industry and make connections, I think that this goal holds true today.  I still want to learn more about the field in the coming weeks, while also making even more connections.

As I reflect on the first half of my internship, I think I have done a very good job as an intern as I look to achieve my stated objectives.  I think I have done a particularly good job at befriending the anchors, which has led to a variety of experiences out of the station covering events in the Detroit Metro area.  However, I think I need to do a better job working to establish connections beyond the anchors that work at our station.  While I have had opportunities to meet and talk to other people in the sports media business, I think I could do a better job engaging with those people to build on the connections I have already made.  Overall, I am having a great experience!