The End is Near: a picture blog post | the first in a series of very true titles (#6)

Ummm. One week of internship left??

oNE wEek leFt.

[throwback to my first blog post ever when I was sHoCkEd that I was going to Albania tOmOrRoW]

I feel like I’ve barely spent any time here, and yet, at the same time, it’s as if I’ve been living in Tirana for years. It’s that odd, whimsical characteristic of passing time, where you feel as though no time has passed, yet all the time has passed; each day passes slowly, but when I look back, the last month and a half have flown by. How is this possible? (existential edit: what is time? what does it mean to pass time? to live? to grow old? to be human? what is the universe? what?)

As the end grows near, I find myself…perplexed. Because I don’t really know how to feel about things. I love it here, yet I miss the comfort of home (sort of). I still have three weeks before I go home, and yet I feel as though I have no time at all. All the adventures I’ve gone on with my boss have been amazing, and yet there still seems to be a slight disconnect between my work and these trips. Not that I’m complaining, because that just means I have time for work and play.

Looking back on the six weeks I’ve spent here, it’s hard to pinpoint one favorite experience. The whole time has been an experience, and it’s difficult to compare all the little things that have made this internship unforgettable. The city to the mountains to the fields and roads in between — my heart can’t decide, so it has settled on all of it.

I was planning on writing about my favorite experience, but I think that’s a blog post for another time; I’ve been trying to write this blog post for four days now and it’s just. not. working. Who knows why?

So here are some (a lot of) pictures:

2 thoughts on “The End is Near: a picture blog post | the first in a series of very true titles (#6)

• June 28, 2017 at 9:52 am

Wow no pictures of you but so many pictures of Bora

• June 28, 2017 at 10:00 am

We both know I like dogs 100000000x times more than humans, including myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯