7| Forging Ahead

Onward ho! We’re speeding along in our research project and have finally come to the last, although large, part of our work here. After searching through a database of thousands of articles, picking out relevant ones, further narrowing those down and then evaluating the remainder for bias risk, we’re ready to extract the data/results from the papers. This feels unbelievable because it’s crazy to see how much work we’ve already done (the time flew right by) and also amazing because we’re ahead of schedule. In fact, our mentor told us last week that because of all of our efforts, it seems practically guaranteed that we’ll be listed as authors on the paper that will be written based on our work. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and the skills I’ve gained, not to mention the fact that I will have something concrete to show for it once it’s all over.

On a personal note I just returned from visiting Warsaw with a friend this weekend. I would highly recommend Poland to anyone traveling around Europe! The traditional food is amazing and I find the language really pleasant even though I have no idea what anyone is saying and can barely pronounce anything at all. It felt good to be out of Berlin for a hot minute but I’m also glad to be back.

One thought on “7| Forging Ahead

Congrats on the paper! It must feel so good to see the fruits of your labor and it’s so cool that you’re going to be listed as an author.