Halfway Point

I have been in Berlin for about 40 days now, which means I am halfway through my internship. Time has flown by so fast, and I have been incredibly busy.

Although my internship is not necessarily demanding, I like to put all of my effort into whatever I do, so I find myself working on the research when I am at home whenever I have free time. The more I work on this project the more invested I become. It is exciting to work on a project that is being published. Back home in my labs, I run the experiments, but I never do the real research part. This is a completely different experience, and it is opening up my eyes to a whole other side to what researchers do.

Aside from work, life has become pretty normal. The whole excitement of living in Europe sort of wears off after awhile, and it becomes home. Also, I’m not living the typical tourist lifestyle where I can go wherever I want on any day or time. Due to my work schedule, I spend most of my weekdays in the office or at home and the weekends I play by ear.

Although it has only been a month and a half, I can feel myself growing as a person, and if anything that is what I was hoping to get out of this experience.

We will see where the rest of this summer takes me.

One thought on “Halfway Point

That’s awesome that you are getting a taste of how researchers have to think rather than only running the experiments! Is research something you’d like to do as a career? Good luck in the second half of your internship.