2017: An Office Space Odyssey | #2

FADE IN:

INT. HALLWAY – DAY

A tan-skinned, moderately statured YOUNG MAN, Gabriel (20), stands in front of a rich brown door. He dons a well pressed button down, black pants, and matching dress shoes–absolutely adorable if you ask his mom. He breathes heavy. He tries not to shake. He’s nervous.

He checks his phone. “12:58pm”. He sighs. Go time. Gabriel opens the door.

INT. STUDIO71 – CONTINUOUS

The office is filled with sunlight pouring in from the window-lined walls. A young, peppy ASSISTANT, looking like something straight out of an American Apparel magazine, with her long-sleeved T-shirt, waist-high jeans, and tan sandals, walks up.

ASSSITANT

Hi! Welcome to Studio71! Can I interest you in some pizza?

How could he say no?

CUT TO BLACK.

Studio71 is a professional company. There are deadlines to continuously meet, deals to be made, and work to be done, but at the same time they understand that the company attracts a young following. Most of their fans, and therefore revenue streams, come from kids and young adults as these are the target market for YouTube videos. Understanding this, they realize that their office should reflect this same young, hip style as opposed to the completely usual formal, everyone in business suit office environment.

To me this reflects a company that has a great understanding of who they represent, why they produce their content, and what their company image needs to be. And I love it.

Since my first few days I have slowly become more business casual with what I wear to work, still haven’t reached flip flop levels just yet, but the summer is still young so you never know. The office feels more like a group of friends collaborating on projects, making sure everything is properly completed, and having fun the whole way through (fun level definitely varies per day). I would be honored to work for a company that has this professionally laid-back approach.

Until then, I’ll continue to enjoy this cool office space that I’ve been accepted into.

One thought on “2017: An Office Space Odyssey | #2

Fun and creative take on writing a blog entry introduction, Gabriel. Glad to hear that you’ve been finding a nice match between your current internship and what you are looking for in a long term professional opportunity!