Blog Post #2 – Office Space

Since the beginning of my internship I have found that the environment I am in is one that is not only welcoming but also educational. The level that my coworkers go too to help me learn about my job and how to accurately and effectively monitor companies is one that rivals any experience I have had in an internship before. but this past Thursday I ran into a challenge. A challenge that proved to cause me difficulty in making sure I was the best intern at the company (my overall goal).

I was given an assignment to monitor a company online using an analytic program we use to monitors companies presence online. I find myself to be of a more conceptual mindset, essentially viewing things on a grander scale, which conflicts when it comes to working with numbers. my task was to take the analytics of this company and find a correlation between their company and their company image online.

For the life of me, I could not find a connection. The numbers were not matching up and frankly I thought I was reading another language when I was reviewing the stats. But, because of this, I decided to ask one of the newer hires their advice on the project. Luckily for me, they had a major in stats, and were able to help me form a story behind the numbers and how they related to the company image. This proved successful, as I finished the assignment in due time and learned a lot about analytics. This was one of the most educational experiences I have had so far, and in my last month I hope I learn even more!

One thought on “Blog Post #2 – Office Space

Great example of asking for help!