Identity| #3

The sports and entertainment industry is very much dominated by men, a field that is very intimidating to enter as a woman let alone a very feminine one. My internship specifically is in the sales department, an environment that reminds me a lot of the movie The Wolf Of Wall street. My office has a very “bro” environment, always talking about sports and sometimes talking about women here and there. I pride myself on being a driven girl, not afraid to cross boundaries but this experience has been both eye opening and motivating. Throughout my time here I have learned a lot about what it means in regards to trying to stand out. I always take the opportunity to make myself unique and ask questions, not letting myself be washed out by the male dominated work space.

Being a woman in this environment has brought a lot of pressure too, I feel like I have to prove myself to show that I am worthy of this position in the business while also maintaining my role as an intern. Although there are a lot of setbacks and pressures associated with the industry, these past three weeks have only taught me to embrace my feminine identity and motivate myself to work harder to achieve my ultimate goal of landing a career in this industry.

One thought on “Identity| #3

Excellent reflection – Digging deeper, really consider how your feminine identity improves the workplace and the service that your organization provides!