Surprising Things | #2

We received good news at the office yesterday: there’s a potential business partner interested in joining us on one of our upcoming projects. It was a pleasant surprise that the business plan we’ve worked so hard on paid off so quickly. In the coming weeks, I look forward to working on this new project.

My recent projects have been revising the website, compiling lists of potential clients, researching regulations surrounding cold calling, and posting ads to recruit other interns. A potential intern responded to an ad I posted and appears to be interested in interning for us. It would be great to have another intern in the office.

It’s far more exciting reading business-related books when I’m able to immediately start applying the knowledge. As the Manager of Business, Communications, and Technology, I’m involved with many aspects of the company. The most recent book I’ve read, “Pitch Anything” by Oren Klaff, helped me formulate a succinct business pitch. Although the book seemed quite gimmicky and focused mostly on pitching techniques, it made me aware of the common pitfalls when delivering a pitch.