Blog #1: Goals

The ability to obtain an internship is imperative to ones’ success in their career. The ability to obtain an internship abroad creates an experience that will set one aside from future competitors. After deciding to transfer to the University of Michigan, I realized that experiences such as studying abroad may become sparse in order to graduate on time. Due to this, I decided to intern abroad leading into my junior year. The hope is to gain valued experience to help with success in the near future and to offer a once in a life time experience.

In order to enjoy the experience to the fullest, I realized I must try my best to avoid expectations of the internship. However, this was much harder said than done. Arriving in London perceived to be a challenge due to the culture differences. These differences include: leaving work at work, multiple breaks, and quiet demeanors. While there were many more differences, these would be the ones that effected the start of my internship. Interestingly, I didn’t have many goals before the start of the internship other than accepting every experience offered and having fun. It was after I got a feel for the environment that I actually created set goals.

The goals include: leading a group session, completing assessments, receiving positive feedback, and creating a lasting impression. I would love to be able to move to London permanently after the completion of my studies. My biggest goal and the one I truly hope to achieve is learning something new and having fun. I know this summer will be beneficial but only if I put everything I can into it.

One thought on “Blog #1: Goals

It’s great to hear that this internship will provide valuable work experience and exposure to London as a potential post-graduation home. Best of luck! 🙂