One Great Movie Can Change You | #1

“Movies change people because they’re such a powerful experience. I think that the world could change if people could understand that we’re all dealing with the same issues on a day-to day basis.  That we’re so much more similar than we are different. And that’s one of the great things about movies — they take these stories and move them across borders that allow people to see a world they’ve never been exposed to before.” – TCFF, 2013

The Traverse City Film Festival is an annual, non-profit event that aims to save the cinema. Founded by legendary director Michael Moore, the TCFF attracts thousands of people every year and  has one simply mission: to show great movies.

This summer, I am one (of many) lucky interns that is helping the festival come to light! As an aspiring screenwriter and film director, I am incredibly lucky to be apart of something that’s so inspiring and important. Working on the videography team, I am and will be producing festival content, dealing with camera equipment, and interviewing various actors, directors, and filmmakers.

In about a week’s time, I have  learned so much about this process and what it means to be apart of a team.  Heavily focused on video production the past few days, my team and I have been editing content for the film festival! We’ve already created a variety of advertisements that center around volunteer recruitment and  transportation information.  Furthermore, the videography interns have been so helpful and nice in teaching me how to navigate Adobe Premiere Pro. At this rate, I’m on my way of becoming an editing virtuoso. Stay Tuned.

Also, did I mention that Traverse City is seriously SO BEAUTIFUL?

2 thoughts on “One Great Movie Can Change You | #1

Wow Nikole! This sounds like such a cool opportunity! I’ve never been to a film festival before, but after reading your post, it sounds like a lot of fun! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

I love the title of this one. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences. I love you