The Waiting Game | #2

Have you ever spent so long working on something that the anticipation for its realization feels like it’s smothering you?  Welcome to week 2 of my blog, in which you get a fascinating glimpse into . . .
The Waiting Game.
Annika and I have been putting the finishing touches on the experiment for the past couple weeks, and after a few hurried, last-minute changes, we’re…done.  No fanfare, no more revisions, nada, zip, zilch.  There’s a giant empty hole in our hearts where this huge entity that has consumed our summer thus far has sat, and to be quite honest, we don’t know what to do with ourselves.  It’s almost like the nostalgia that hits after a Netflix binge when you realize that you won’t be seeing the characters in any new hijinks— except that, well, this experiment is going to go on and live in Spain and, in a week or so, we’ll be furiously transcribing data as quickly as our internet connections can download it from the Cloud. (That is to say, at a steady, even pace.)
But, alas, for now, we wait– even though it goes against every fiber of who we are.

Kelly

My name is Kelly, and I am a junior majoring in Romance Languages and Literatures and Cognitive Science (language and cognition). In addition to English, I speak Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese with varying levels of proficiency. I currently work in Dr. Julie Boland’s Psycholinguistics lab as a research assistant, and I am working with Dr. Lorenzo García-Amaya on his 2017 MCubed project. My academic interests include bilingualism and foreign language acquisition.