The Value of Diversity | #3

As a University of Michigan student, I am unsurprisingly enthusiastic and excited about my work. Specifically, I am very ambitious and outgoing when it comes to making myself known around the office. To distinguish myself as an intern, I have made sure to be respectful (which, at a fashion company, includes dressing on-brand in addition to the normal courteous things one would expect from a young adult,) while also being as helpful as possible.

A perfect example of my individual personality being appreciated is my relationship with those around me. Though I am distinguished as a retail marketing intern, my desk is located to the right of the public relations team employees. In an attempt to get to know as many people as possible, I began reaching out to the public relations team to see if I could assist with anything when my supervisor, Kerre, didn’t have a task for me. Though I was initially nervous to take on any sort of responsibility outside of my jurisdiction, Kerre ensured me that she was both proud and happy that I was doing things that would make the most out of my internship. What went from making small one pagers and organizing the massive sample closet soon became assisting with runway presentations to Vogue, Womens Wear Daily and the Business of Fashion. I am so excited by the opportunities I have already have been presented with and am eagerly awaiting the rest of the summer with both a marketing and a public relations team that I feel appreciates my quirks.