Figuring Things Out For Myself | #3

As a student at the University of Michigan, I am constantly in a setting (whether it be academic or social) that requires constant vocal contributions. I thrive off of continuously asking questions, communicating with those around me, and actively working with others. With my experience at Live Nation thus far, I have noticed that although it is great to have a voice and a personal opinion, it is also extremely beneficial to sit back and listen. Rather than constantly looking to talk to people and work with others on projects, Live Nation has taught me that it is important to take the time to sit back, listen, and figure things out for myself. If I do not understand something when my supervisor gives me an assignment, I have learned to first do research on my own to see if I can figure out what exactly she is asking of me. Rather than immediately giving up and asking for help, I have learned to take the time to determine things on my own. This skill has benefitted me throughout my internship and has truly taught me how to independently work. Although it is definitely essential to interact with others in a positive and productive way, it is also necessary sometimes to be able to do things on your own.