8| Two-Thirds Down

Having just completed our 8th week here, and about to start the 9th tomorrow, all I can say is this: holy crap.

I think it just sort of hit me this past week that I’ve now got more time behind me than in front of me; in fact, almost exactly a month from now I’ll be heading to Ireland, and two weeks after that I’ll be back in the US.

I can’t help but feel incredibly sad. I’ve done so much here, but can’t shake the feeling I could’ve done more/taken more advantage of this opportunity and all it has to offer. I know I didn’t waste my experience, but life is so short and time flies by so fast. If there was such a thing as a pause button, I’d be hitting it hard right now.

Academically I think I’ve gained a lot from this experience. Personally I’m filled with more questions and uncertainties than before, mostly regarding: long-term plans, life after college, facing my last year at Michigan, etc. Part of me thought this trip would give me more answers or clarifications, but life has a way of complicating your intentions I suppose.

Oh well. Onward and hopefully upward I go!

One thought on “8| Two-Thirds Down

I can relate to your post-grad uncertainties 🙁 it’s such a struggle. But enjoy your time in Ireland! It can just be a place to relax and not think about the uncertainties haha