Blog 4

This week I did something a little different from what I had been doing. Instead of helping with social media and marketing I got to spend the week shadowing the president and Vice President of CoVar. They wanted me to do this so I could get a feel for what the trucking and logistics industry is all about and how it works.

What I learned was priceless. Before interning at CoVar I had no idea about the trucking industry, I just thought it was some nitty gritty industry that doesn’t have a lot of money. But I was obviously wrong. Companies, in this case CoVar, are shipping hundreds of tons of materials a week for thousands and thousands of dollars. And it is everything from pallets, to paper and even sand. Hearing this and learning about this really opened my eyes for just how much stuff across the country is shipped via trucks every single day. Just think about everything you buy. 99.99% of everything you buy wasn’t once shipped on a truck to that location.

Besides opening my eyes to the trucking industry it also helped show how much growth is possible for a small company like CoVar. Their team is working every day to find new accounts and customers.

One thought on “Blog 4

It is always really interesting to get the opportunity to see the inner workings of a company you previously did not know much about, especially at such a high up level. One of the best opportunities at an internship is working with different departments so you get the opportunity to see every facet of the business you are interning for, and it seems as though by shadowing the VP you are getting that experience! I hope your internship keeps opening your eyes to new areas of business that you may have not known about before (also I do social media marketing as well so i just wanted to give you a digital fist bump).