The Tweet | Blog #2

Less than two weeks ago, President Trump tweeted out one of the articles I wrote for the Daily Caller News Foundation. Upon hearing the news from my fellow interns, I was in disbelief. I was shaking. I was beyond excited. I couldn’t wait to call and tell my family the good news.

The article titled “Mattis Says Trump’s Warning Stopped Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria,” discussed Secretary Mattis’s remarks while he was aboard a US military aircraft headed for Belgium a couple of weeks ago.

Trump’s tweet had over 14,000 retweets and 60,000 likes. It really struck me that thousands of people were reading an article written by me–an intern who had only been working at The Daily Caller News Foundation for a little over a month.

That day made me realize that Washington DC is a very special place and that the opportunities are endless. I had only been in the city for a little over a month, and I had already caught the attention of the leader of the free world.

I am very grateful that my internship gives me a ton of responsibility and freedom. Few media outlets would let their interns actually publish their own work. I am able to publish at least one story a day and cover events in DC that I find interesting.

I cannot wait to continue this incredible experience!