#3 First Tickets Sold

Today was the first day that I felt all the hype surrounding the Traverse City Film Festival from the community. Tickets went on sale for ‘Friends of the Festival’ and the turnout was incredible. People started lining up at 11 pm last night in order to get tickets before they sold out. For this event, I had prepared a trailer reel that consisted of every trailer of every movie that will be shown at the festival. It was really cool to see the video I had made up on the big screen at the theater. While people waited to buy tickets, they were able to get a sense of the movies that they could buy tickets for. Everyone was excited to be there and there was a great atmosphere of anticipation for the festival.

My job for the day was leading the patrons from the State Theater to the Box Office. It gave me a good opportunity to chat with some of the people who were buying tickets. They all seemed genuinely excited to have waited in line for hours in order to buy movie tickets. I got to talk to a lady whose granddaughter goes to Michigan as well as a couple who met each other in Ann Arbor and who reminisced about their college days with me. The people in Traverse City really try to connect with the interns and try to get to know you in the short conversations that we get to have.

Today gave me a greater appreciation for the Film Festival and what it does for this community. It’s an opportunity for entertainment, learning, and a chance to grow closer as a community. I don’t believe a festival like this could work in any other town. The people here are willing to go out of their way to help and volunteer at every turn. In fact, throughout the festival, there are over 3,000 volunteers that help to put this festival on. The way in which this community works together to put on such a huge festival makes me feel like I am a part of something really special.

One thought on “#3 First Tickets Sold

<3<3<3 I love hearing about your personal experiences and I'm glad that I get to be a part of your community. We love you