Half way there | #4

This week marks the half way point of my summer internship at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, and I could not be happier with the personal and professional growth that I have made thus far. One of the main goals that I set forth my first week of my job was that I planned on networking to the best of my abilities, meeting everyone whether they are in my department or not. Over the past three weeks the interns have had about four meetings with various executives, one of them being the CEO Brett Yormark. After these mini seminars, I emailed the speaker and asked if they would take time out of their busy schedule to meet with me. I was able to sit down with the executive vice president of global partnerships and talk to him about his career as well as take away valuable advice that I can use in my future. This is just one example of the follow up meetings that I have had. Going back to Brett Yormack, it was so amazing to hear such a successful business man sit down with aspiring leaders, giving personal advice to every single person in the room.

In regards to my personal growth, I feel like I have become more confident in my speaking skills. I have given two presentations, something that I use to feel very nervous about has become almost natural. Working in a setting like this has only made me more confident that I can learn so much more in the remainder of my internship, and I can’t wait to grow more.

Something cool that happened: D’Angelo Russell stopped by my office

One thought on “Half way there | #4

It’s really cool that you got to meet someone so high up, that contact will hopefully come in handy later on in your career. It was really nice of him to take time out of his busy day to come talk to you. Public speaking and networking skills are so important in the business field, so it’s great that you got to sharpen your skills!