Internship Blog #1 My Summer as a Banker

I am interning at Brock Capital Group, a boutique investment bank in New York City this summer.

Last year, I interned at PwC as an audit analyst. It was interesting to analyze financial statements and piece together all the information to come up with my own analysis. It was a great learning experience. But at the end of the day, I realized what really captivated me was the financial evaluation part of it.

Therefore, as a rising junior, I wanted to be able to dive deeper into the financial statements and see their impact on the investors’ decisions, which is the reason I wanted to gain an early exposure to the banking industry. Therefore, I decided to apply for investment banking internships for my sophomore summer. I’ve always wanted to work in New York City since I was a kid because I was fascinated with the fast pace and big city work environment. Therefore, I am very lucky to be able to intern in the investment banking industry in my favorite city.

My internship started two days ago and  I’ve been working on conducting research on client companies and looking at their financial statements. Even though the tasks given to me were extremely challenging, but I was able to learn so much even in just two days. I really enjoy the horizontal hierarchy at Brock where I am sitting next to the senior people who are always there to help and answer my questions.

I am enjoying my experience at Brock Capital so far and I am excited for the steep learning curve and meeting more people who shared the same passion in Finance as I do.

3 thoughts on “Internship Blog #1 My Summer as a Banker

Sounds like you’re having a really great experience so far! Happy you’re getting to intern in a field and location that captivates you!

PS. I’m in the NYC area too, so if your crazy IB schedule gives you time we should meet up 🙂

This sounds awesome! What are the differences between your internship this year vs. last year?

Sounds awesome! I really want to try to work in NYC one day just to experience what it is like. I am sure that there is a huge learning curve. Banking seems like it can be a tough job, even as an intern, to get thrown into.