Blog: Cultural Pot

Race has always played a major role in my life. I grew up in a primarily Caucasian community so I always had an unconscious fear of fitting in. I love my culture but sometimes was embarrassed to show it to others. When college came around, everything changed. I have met so many different people from all different backgrounds.

When coming to California, I knew the demographic was going to be different. In my office, there are people from all different races. Through the first few weeks, I have talked to influential people who have lived all over the world. I have also learned about different cultures. For example, a senior designer from Thailand was teaching me about original Thai food dishes. She even offered to teach me how to make one! On the other hand, I have also learned even more about my culture too. I have bonded with other Muslim co-workers, which has been very eye opening. It’s very relieving to find similarities among each other when you’re so far from home.

I am continuing to love Fabletics and all of its culture. The company itself has such a fun tone to it, but also the employees bring so much richness too. I can’t wait to learn even more!