Mid Point Check In #4

In the beginning of the term, I identified a few goals that I was hoping to achieve by the end of my internship at Jonesworks PR firm. Now that I am halfway through my internship experience, I can confidently say that I am on track to achieving all of my goals by the end of the summer! Although there are definitely a few spots where I can ask for further assistance and allow room for personal growth, I feel as if I am capable of achieving my main goal; to gain experience in the public relations field to further establish my likes and dislikes in the industry. For the most part, an important part of any internship is to get a feel for what it would be like to work in a particular field and rule out what you like and dislike within that industry. I have been successful in doing so because I have been given a tremendous amount of projects and tasks so far that have taught me so much about Public Relations and what a day in the office would be like in the real world. I feel so grateful to be able to say that I love what I am doing thus far and definitely see myself working in PR after I graduate from the University of Michigan. Im excited that this experience has helped me realize that this could be a potential real job for me and I would be thrilled to be able to work for Jonesworks in the near future. So far I am doing very well in communicating to the team whenever I have a question about a certain task, or am unclear with how a project should be formatted. I am not shy when I am curious, or have a question about the way something should be done. I speak my mind and offer my input whenever I get the chance. With this, I do think I need assistance in understanding the purpose of certain tasks that I complete. Sometimes I work really hard on a project and make sure that it is perfect, but I don’t really know what the company is using the project for, or how it will benefit out PR firm in the future. I will allow myself some room for personal growth when it comes to thoroughly understanding how certain tasks relate to our clients, in whole. I also pointed out that I wanted to leave a lasting impression on the team as one of my main goals and it is safe to say that I will be able to complete this goal as well. I have connected with most members on the team and am sure that they will remember me and my work ethic here at Jonesworks. Mid way through I am confident that I will be able to achieve my goals and learn a whole lot about the Public Relations industry!