Getting Into a Groove (#3)

At this point in time I’m about halfway done with my internship. I’m able to run pretty much all of my researchers studies, which is definitely an improvement from my last blog post. Today I actually had a family come in, and I handled their appointment from start to finish on my own. Everyone has really gotten into a groove when it comes to running studies, scheduling, and all of the other tasks that come along with working in the lab. Everyone is also much more comfortable with one another now which makes things a lot more laid back and fun.

Another thing that has made things interesting lately is the fact that our lab manager is gone for this entire week. So that means that it’s mostly the interns keeping things moving, along with the researchers as well, of course. To me, the fact that mass chaos has not ensued yet is a major accomplishment.

One other accomplishment that has come from this week is that I took and passed my looking time coding test! Considering I’ve never done looking time coding before (basically recording how long a child looks at the stimuli and when they get “bored”), I was incredibly happy and proud that I passed on my first try!

All in all, things have been going great! I’m still learning so much and am definitely gaining more insight into what I may want to do after I graduate. Although not too many exciting things have happened since my last post, I thought it would be nice to share how good things are going right now!