Work Culture | #2

The work culture at Shoptiques is amazing and relaxed. I was welcomed with upmost kindness and I felt at home immediately. Everyone was super friendly and helpful and always guided me in the right direction. The environment was always happy and cheerful. One of the main things I like about interning at a start-up is the concept of open door policy. If anyone ever had a problem or issue, they weren’t hesitant to walk up to the CEO or email her and she would make sure to help you whenever she got the time.

There was no strict dress code. You could wear whatever you felt comfortable in (being a fashion startup, there was a lot of pressure to dress up haha).

There were a lot of traditions within the organization that made it super fun to work at. Firstly, everyone was referred to as “Team Awesome”. Many times there were competitions among the employees regarding who would drive the most customer to the website in order to increase the GMV. Also, if anyone was ever late for a meeting, they would have to sing, dance or perform their talent. However, my favorite tradition is that when its someone’s birthday, company anniversary or if someone leaves the company, they throw a little party with champagne, cake, balloons and people say a few words to appreciate them.

To conclude, I could sum up the work culture at shoptiques in 6 words: team work makes the dream work.