Tech Conference

Yesterday, as part of my internship, my company went to a tech convention for start-ups all over the Chicago area. Thyng, my company, had a booth set up with about 10 other companies. The convention was open for one hour to the executives club of Chicago and one hour to the general public. Our booth focused on showing off a bunch of demos for what our augmented reality technology is capable of. This includes scanning multiple items and having videos, 3D models, links, and a lot more show up.

However, it was a great experience being able to see all the other start-ups as well. One of the companies that had an incredibly cool product was called ModoBag. ModoBag is basically a bag the size of a carry-on luggage bag that you can ride like a scooter. We were all able to try them out and they were one of the most fun things I have ever done. Apparently, they were able to raise over half a million dollars on IndieGoGo and are beginning to ship out to their first backers in the next few weeks.

Another thing that we were able to try out was the Microsoft HoloLens. Microsoft is obviously not a start up, but they were still invited to show off this technology. The HoloLens is basically an augmented reality headset with a built in computer to it. Although the technology was awesome, it was easy to tell after demoing the headset that the technology isn’t quite developed enough for the public. Being able to see this and all other tech companies around Chicago was a great experience.

One thought on “Tech Conference

This is such a cool experience, I’m so glad you got to experience the latest emerging trends in tech development. Would love to hear more about an great ideas you got as a result of attending this conference.