SEED SPOT Demo Day | #3

Last night was SEED SPOT‘s Demo Day – the grand finale for 9 founders who have spent the past 15 weeks building and perfecting their venture. I have been involved with their journey for the past 6 weeks, writing articles about each of the founders and assisting with weekly pitch events held at innovation hubs around Washington D.C. It was an emotional night for them, and for me, as we all realized that the journey at SEED SPOT is coming to an end.

Demo Day was held at the historic Warner Theater, located blocks from the White House. More than 500 entrepreneurs, innovators, professionals, friends, and family attend the event. Demo Day provides a forum for SEED SPOT’s full-time program founders to pitch their venture and showcase their accomplishments to the D.C. community. It was great for me to see the transformation each founder’s pitch has been through over the past several weeks, and for them to recognize their success in building successful companies from the ground up.

Like most competitions, prizes were awarded. Three ventures were awarded funds to help continue to grow their business – this year’s winners were Mia Learning (a bot that helps kids make powerful choices, starting with books), imby (an application to help citizens voice their opinion on new developments in their community), and The Mentor Method (a mentoring platform designed to push the inclusion aspect of recent movements for increased diversity and inclusion in the workforce.)

Working for a social impact startup incubator has been so amazing, and I love coming to work every day surrounded by inspiring people working to change the world – no easy feat! I am looking forward to my last few weeks at SEED SPOT, and following along with the future success of these 9 amazing ventures.

One thought on “SEED SPOT Demo Day | #3

Your startup sounds really great! It definitely must feel rewarding to see these entrepreneural ventures transform over the time you were there.