Two More Months | #3

Can I say, this has been one fast summer! we are about two months aways from school starting and there are still many things I have to do for the Fall. As the Mentorship Coordinator, I’ve been busy making a schedule for incoming freshman and seeing how they can develop into a leader as well as helping them adjust to the new environment. I’m really excited to see who will be applying to the Mentorship and how they are going to be able to bond with each other. This has been helping me as well grow into a leader, next I’ll be working on my communication skills with faculty members.

Another thing I am excited about it eh Big House Progam (BHP), the committee has started sending emails to the high school students and making sure we have everything prepared when they come on Aug 6. It brings back memories of the time I was in their shoes and was accepted into the program as Gen 3, whos would have thought I would be working to help first-generation students apply to Michigan. Though it also makes me feel old, i guess that fine.

“Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.”                                           ~ Tena Desae