My Return To Argentina | #1

The journey to get to Buenos Aires, Argentina was a long one. While my internship technically started on Monday, July 10, 2017, I had previously scheduled convention events that were mandatory for my sorority, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc., that weekend. On Friday, I had to wake up by 4:00 AM in Muskegon to venture to Anaheim, California. Seeing sisters I have not seen in months was great, but sooner than expected, I was on my way to Dallas, Texas for a transfer flight. The availability of the whole row could not combat the time difference that had ruined any chance of a good night’s rest for the weekend.

After many delays, I arrive at the Ezeiza airport. I was back in the city I had come so well to get to know over the last few months while studying at La Universidad Católica de Argentina (UCA) and traveling the continent. While I knew I wanted to keep learning about South America outside of my internship, I didn’t know what to expect with this new company. I had heard others speaking about the great time they had at The Bubble, but I didn’t know exactly what the company was.

via the bubble.com

On the first day, I was expected to write two different blog posts. The subjects will be sent to me every Monday through Friday sent to me via Slack, an intercommunication app that is popular among. The posts should be neutral because the online publication prides itself in being the only daily online news publication that provides unbiased news in Argentina.

For my own growth and development, my manager asked me to do a larger piece that would amount to about 1,200 words. It could be on any topic I proposed, but there would have to be research, online and in person, and hours each week outside the office dedicated to this project. I hope to understand what my interests are thoroughly and to understand others opinions about the subject matter are. I seek to develop my Spanish skills even further for future use, continue to learn different writing techniques, and manage truly living in a foreign country, this time without a host family to assist me.