What A Crazy Ride So Far #1

More than 3/4 of the way through the Summer, and I cannot believe how fast it has gone by. With multiple meetings a day: from funding, to committee meetings, to one on one mentor meetings. It has been a crazy journey. And the last 1/4 will be the most nerve wrecking yet. Everything we have been planning and preparing for all summer, is happening so soon. Yet, there is still so much to be done. Thus, far we have recruited 39 students for an outreach program that aids first generation, and underrepresented students with the college admissions process to UM. Throughout the summer, I have kept in constant communication with the students preparing them for their four day campus visit, which takes place in three weeks.

The students will be coming from high schools in Detroit, Dearborn, Holland, Hamtramck, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Paw Paw, Ann Arbor, Chicago. And they are primarily made up of Arab, LatinX, Bengali, Black and Asian Americans.

There also some parts of the schedule to be worked on, from college essay workshop to an administration lunch which connects the students to important faculty, staff and administration on campus. The students get to meet and engage with the resources on campus to learn how everyone’s role on campus helps make us the Leader and the Best!

Next week we will be focusing on our volunteers-I will update on how that goes!

Nour