Blog 6 | Connecting your studies to your academic exploration

I came into the internship hoping to confirm my previous thoughts that this is the industry I want to work in. I wanted to go into the summer with an open mind and hopefully learn enough and work hard enough where I was in a position to confirm that this is the place for me. Junior summer is a very important internship – one that is supposed to set me up for the rest of my life – and I wanted to make sure it was a valuable one.

This internship has confirmed that this is the path I want to go down. I get super excited about the opportunity to work the CEOs – the smartest and most innovative people in the world who are thinking outside the box and trying to make necessary disruptions. I love the pace of the job and I love the balance between personal work and team work. At Michigan, I will continue my entrepreneurship minor where I hope to get some more exposure to startups and to learn more about what it takes to run a successful company. Similarly, I want to explore extracurricular options at Michigan – to see if there are clubs to join or potentially start that could give other students like me who are interested in startups and Venture Capital a platform to learn more and start to make a difference.