Blog Post #1: Interning in Korea

This summer I am interning at Hanyang University, ERIKA Campus and am working with professors/staff in the College of Business and Economics.

Hanyang University is located in a small town close to Seoul called Ansan. I work under a committee of faculty of the business department, and have been assisting the College of Business and Economics department’s preparation for AACSB accreditation and other administrative duties. To aid their preparation, there is a lot of work involved,  including making a website and video, organizing data, and creating reports. This also includes doing work for a business professor.

I have assumed various positions at the University of Michigan’s own Ross School of business with different departments and professors. But this time, I will be working at a university in Korea in an unfamiliar environment with a different culture. Even though I was born in Korea, I have lived almost my entire life in the States, so I am very excited to have the chance to live and work in Korea. Without a doubt, I know that it will be a challenging; however it will be equally, if not a more rewarding experience.