Diversity In CoVar

Throughout my time with CoVar, one thing that I think is really unique about the trucking industry is that it is not flashy at all. And with that comes the chance to meet people of all backgrounds, races, professions and genders. Most people probably think trucking is an industry dominated almost entirely by the male sex. But that is very wrong infact. Just at CoVar, which is small with minimal employees there are to women working. One as a truck driver and one in the office. On top of that aspect though the industry also brings in so many characters. CoVar’s driver have kind of come and gone besides a few, but with that comes with the opportunity to meet and work with so many characters in one industry. And imagine all the people the drivers meet, farmers, warehouse workers, other truckers. It is an industry that brings out every character people can have which is why I find it so unique.

By realizing all of this that is going on at CoVar, one thing I have learned to to being accepting/patient with people. With so many characters, there are bound to be a few bad apples here and there. So by keeping a calm head while things go wrong or mess up is something that I have learned from both my boss’.

One thought on “Diversity In CoVar

It is great to see that you are learning a lot! It is very cool that you get to work with different types of people all of the time. It probably prevents you from getting bored at work. Keeping calm is definitely a major skill that a lot of people overlook. I am sure that the skills that you take away from your internship will be useful in whatever field you choose to pursue after you graduate.