Mentors | #4

It seems like just yesterday that I was nervous about starting my first internship, but in the blink of an eye I am already down to the last 3 weeks of my internship! It has been an incredible experience so far; not only have I been able to learn a lot through my projects, but I have also been lucky enough to work with some really impressive individuals who have had decades of experience working in the industry. Even though it seems like I have only been at the company for a short period of time, when I examine how much my relationships with my project managers have grown, I realize that it really has been more than 2 months since my internship began. MM is the manager on my main project, and I would say that out of all the authority figures I work with, he is the mentor I have the closest relationship with. He has extensive experience working in the corporate world, and has exposed me to new perspectives and approaches to business scenarios that I would never have been taught in school. Aside from business though, he has also emphasized the importance of corporate culture and organizational structures within a business. Through the time I have spent with him, I have been able to develop my hard skills but more importantly, I’ve learned how to communicate ideas and work in a team setting.