Sand, Sun, and Small Talk

This past week, I was able to get closer with the animation team I work with. I focused on including myself more in the activities and conversations that occur, even though it took a great deal of courage for me to do so. I usually just sit to the side and listen to conversations in an attempt to develop my French skills. It is difficult for me to jump in on conversations when the topic is constantly changing and I can’t formulate my sentences fast enough, but I know this should not stop me from participating. When there is something I would like to add to a conversation, I begin stating my opinion and take my time accurately formulating my sentence. The others understand that I am still learning the language, and their patience when I talk is really supportive.

I got to know my team better as well as get to know other animators outside of the Mini Club daycare team. What was meant to be a small outing for grocery shopping turned into an evening at the beach! I was invited to tag along to go to Biscarrosse Beach, and I had a great time chatting and walking through the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. I have never been to a real beach before, and the real sand felt incredible!

One thought on “Sand, Sun, and Small Talk

It’s great that you’re taking strides to practice your French! I bet you’ll be an expert by the end of your internship 🙂 the beach looks so beautiful!