Week 2

Week 2 was great, and I find myself very happy with my decision to work abroad this summer. At first, I was supposed to work with my boss Heloise at a big corporate consulting company in London, but luckily she changed jobs a few months before my internship to work for a startup called F6S doing the same job.

I had some idea of what to expect at the initial job, but after Heloise changed companies I was confused as to what I’d be doing. But in reality, either way, I had no idea what to expect. The job title was “Science and Technology Consulting Intern” and there I was, as a Classical Civ major, having just been offered that job; needless to say I was confused. Nonetheless, I fought my confusion and self-doubt and got myself to London, where I learned what that job title meant (briefly described in my first post).

It’s been very interesting working here and a great learning experience. Heloise has me working non-stop! It’s been great proving to myself that I can apply my skills in so many different areas. Also, having such a well-educated and respected boss as Heloise tell me that I’m smart and doing great work has been a real confidence-booster; looking forward to working with her more!

One thought on “Week 2

It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your time with Heloise! Have you gotten a chance to explore London?